The team has expertise in providing legal advisory/consultancy services in relation to the sector specific/multi-product Special Economic Zones (“SEZs”) and specialises in the following areas:
· Assistance in preparation of project reports
· Assisting in obtaining approvals required for sector specific/multi-product SEZs
· Advising on various legal and procedural requirements related to setting up of SEZs
· Providing suitable tax efficient business structures
· Drafting of co-development agreements and/or standard agreements with contractor(s) engaged in construction and providing infrastructural facilities in the proposed SEZ.
· Representing the developer before Board of Approval (“BOA”)/concerned Government Authorities.
· Providing legal opinion(s) on matters relating to SEZ Act/Rules, related matters under Income Tax Act, Central Excise Act, Customs Act, Finance Act (Service Tax), Stamp Duty Laws, FEMA/FDI Policy, Labour Laws/Employ6ment Agreements, Insolvency, Bankruptcy & Liquidation, etc....