The Corporate team offers services in respect of inbound and outbound investments and across all stages of development experienced by a corporate entity, right from its inception to dissolution. For every transaction be it Corporate, Real Estate, Regulatory, Labour and Employment, Finance Compliance or others, an efficient team of lawyers and professionals work closely to structure and execute the transaction thereby providing the client a holistic solution.
Practice areas include:
Mergers and Acquisitions:
- Advisory and litigation under Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2016 (IBC)
- Corporate Re-structuring
- Cross-border Transactions (to achieve consolidation of holdings, merging hived-off companies as part of corporate restructuring, establishing strategic alliances, expansion of business, besides stock and asset purchases, tender offers and leveraged buyouts)
- Debt Re-structuring
- Financial distress remedies
- Merger and Demerger
- Planning strategies for both acquirers and the potential acquisition targets (domestic and cross-border transactions)
- Inbound and Outbound Investments
- Joint Ventures, Financial and Technical Collaborations
- Drafting and vetting of Commercial Agreements
- Cross-border Transactions
- External Commercial Borrowings & Foreign Currency Convertible Bonds
- Foreign Exchange Laws (FEMA & FCRA)
- Setting up Liaison/ Branch/ Project Offices, subsidiaries of foreign entities
- Employment and Labour Laws governing expatriates
Joint Ventures/Strategic Alliances:
We have successfully negotiated and drafted joint venture agreements in the nature of share purchase/subscription agreements, shareholders’ agreements and other related incidental agreements. The Firm’s expertise lies right from the stage of conducting the due diligence till closing of the transaction, including completion of post-closing activities.
Banking and Finance:
We offer a full spectrum of services in the area of Banking and Finance by actively assisting corporate clients in drafting and reviewing various documents pertaining to all kinds of financial arrangements.
Capital Markets – Domestic & International Offerings:
- IPOs, FCCBs, ADRs and GDRs
- Issue of Debt Instruments
- Public offers of equity shares, debentures, bonds, etc.
- Bonus and Rights issues of equity shares, debentures, etc.
- Private placement, including Qualified Institutional Placement
- Handling open offers with respect to takeover/acquisition of companies
Legal and Secretarial Due Diligence of Companies:
- Assessing the level of legal compliance under applicable laws
- Highlighting the extent of non-compliance & consequence of the same under applicable laws
- Suggesting remedial measures for becoming legally compliant
We provide advisory services with regard to property matters including mutations, title search, related documentation and litigation
Employment & Labour:
- Advising and drafting employment contracts, retainership agreements, termination letters, non-competition, non-solicitation, confidentiality agreements, secondment agreements
- Advising and drafting policy on Prevention of Sexual Harassment at Work Place, conducting internal investigations of allegations of sexual harassment, fraud etc.
- Drafting of HR manual
- Registration and licensing of establishments
- Legal opinion(s) on diverse matters pertaining to employment laws
- Assistance in obtaining work permit/employment visa for foreign nationals coming to India for work
- Representing clients before courts, tribunals, commissions, and other authorities in matters connected with employer-employee disputes